Thursday, June 28, 2012

Salutations!

I'm not a woman of many names.  I've never had a nickname that stuck, though my mom has often tried.  I like things simple and plain.  Classic Lays potato chips are the BEST and vanilla ice cream ROCKS!  For all my simplicity, I find words and their power astounding, nothing simple about them.  I mean, really, how many different ways can you analyze the way a person says, "Okay"?  The possibilities are endless!  Because I have such a love affair with words, I find they often seem to fill up my mind with no where else to really flow.  Since I am such a quiet and reserved person, I don't often expel my mental ramblings for fear I will bore or scare people away.  Who would really care what I have to say anyway?  I've been married to my husband for 8 years now, and I very briefly become overly chatty around him.  I like to let others do the talking while I soak it in.  The people I'm closest to can carry on a conversation all by themselves.  Without knowing it, that trait sort of became a prerequisite to becoming an acquaintance of mine. 

 I believe it was Abraham Lincoln who said, "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."  I live by this, and I am deeply regretful when I slip up.  I am scared to death of looking like a bumbling idiot (see below) no matter how endearing it can sometimes be.

 I must admit; life in the corner spent people watching can become a tad boring.  Yet, life of the party I am not, nor can I force myself to be.  So, how else to take a few steps from the corner and join a bit of the party?  Pair my affection for words with the sheer joy I gather from typing (the subtle sounds of the keyboard clicking away as I barely move my fingers are quite calming and helps me to focus), and a blog seems only natural.  How long will it be before I share this with others?  No telling.  May be never.  It's like mingling with the crowd giving only slight smiles and never actually engaging in conversation.  That's a step, and we'll see how much my cowardice decreases as time goes by.  





No comments:

Post a Comment